Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Wednesday 6 October 2010

The Old Dennis



When the new Dennis started in the Beano in 2008 it automatically made the old version obsolete- including these two never-published covers I drew in 2007. Back then, I would draw a cover and the editor and the writer would come up with a story to go with it. (The 'mirror', 'bullseye', 'Rasher v Gnasher' covers amongst others were done this way)
These two, they never did come up with anything, (as far as I remember. maybe they did and I just forgot- it happens!) which was a shame, I thought the 'Dennis opens the door and it's fifteen years on' scenario had a lot of possibilities - They're in fancy dress; it's all gone a bit 'Dr Who'; it's the wrong house; the editor's on holiday and the artist is having a joke- any good?

2 comments:

Peter Gray said...

Love the cover..fun to see Bea older as a teen..its great seeing unseen comic work..

I hope The Beano goes back to good covers and not a panel from a strip blown up..

Lew Stringer said...

That's a brilliant piece Nigel. Hope it can be used one day!