Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Saturday 22 January 2011

Where I work

This is what my room where I do most of my work looks like. Photographed quite unexpectedly by Nika in about 2006 I think. It's all the same today.

1.   Big window with a view. This view is of a large restored Georgian city terrace which, from 08.30 till 21.30 blocks out all sunlight, or even a glimpse of sky.
2.   Stuff I've drawn before that I've filed away, thinking it may be of some use to me in the future. it never is.
3.   My desk lamp, bought in 2004 and described by the manufacturer as a once-only lifelong purchase that would never need adjustment or replacing, it now requires adjustment and replacing.
4.   Giles cartoon annuals. These are well used, mainly for inspiration. If Carl Giles ever drew anything without total convinction, I've yet to see it.
5.   Plant
6.   Red settee, where I sit to read the paper.
7.   Big box of old comics. These are 'Beezers' from the 1961-2. I needed them for some reference or other.
8.   Vanilla Dog. Self explanatory.
9.   Scripts.
10. Me.

More information given if requested.

2 comments:

Peter Gray said...

i agree Giles is amazing and must of influanced the great Leo Baxendale and many other comic artists..

love the kids he draws..always in danger that baby one..also love the hidden detail..

Kid said...

I think Leo acknowledges a certain influence from Giles, does he not? He "must have".