Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Sunday 20 May 2012

Banana toffee?

No-one guessed before The Dandy gave it away- YES! The Banana Bunch are back! Starting in June, The Dandy becomes 'The Banana Weekly' or something (let's see how fast that joke becomes a rumour!!) with the re-introduction of the Banana Bunch, erstwhile Beezer mainstay and very occasional Dandy feature, as drawn by me, and now written by me, my first such Dandy strip since those old days of Harry Hill, so long ago. Colours by Nika. Let's see how it goes!

6 comments:

Harry Rickard said...

Can I just say that I am now so excited for two weeks' time! The Banana Bunch are one of my absolute favourites out of all of the DC Thomson classics - plus I loved your older version and the redesign looks EVEN BETTER!

James Spiring said...

The redesign was needed - at one point, Fatty looked exactly like his Bash Street namesake, even having the same outfit, although with long trousers.

Good to hear you've been trusted with a classic Nigel, I'll look forward to seeing it.

Harry Rickard said...

Wait, so you didn't write Celeb School? Who did then? It was far worse than Harry Hill which was actually quite funny at times.

Lew Stringer said...

Excellent! There should always be a Nigel Parkinson strip in The Dandy and this one looks like a winner.

Peter Gray said...

looking forward to it..love the classic characters coming back..

Bruce Laing said...

Fantastic news, Nigel.

Looks like I'll be visiting Newstand.co.uk to get hold of my copy (can't wait nine weeks before it hits the shelves here in Oz.) :D