Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Tuesday 4 December 2012

My Blog, My Drawings.


I drew this picture.

I drew this picture.
I drew this picture. .
While everybody in the entire world (there's been coverage globally! Really!) has been posting pictures that I drew in the last few days, it seems that my position is still unclear. I have been advised by one person that I can't post pictures I have drawn that are the copyright of DC Thomson on my blog, and I have been advised by other persons that I CAN post such pictures. In the absence of a definitive aggrement, I've decided to go ahead and give myself permission to publish my work on my blog advertising their product. If anyone has a problem with it, let me know, otherwise I'll assume "that original thing" was all a big mistake in judgement (my opinion back in April) and I'll go ahead as normal. (Sorry if it's all a bit esoteric, but it's been bugging me for months, this situation.) I'm not attempting to profit personally by posting these pictures: I'm promoting an item which I don't personally sell, publish or profit from other than in the usual aggreed way. In fact, the tremendous media coverage this weekend that has almost entirely centered on Paul McCartney (and made it an international story) is down to me, as it was my idea to get him involved, I approached him, and he aggreed to do it for me.
Anyway, end of  irritated bit, here goes.
See these pictures? I drew them. They're in The Dandy today. Go and buy one, it's published by D C Thomson.

No comments: